I recently had to tow my truck into a mechanics shop due to an inability to remove my oil filter during a regular oil change. Come to find out, the last time I changed my oil was the first time I had taken it to a shop to get done, as I always did it myself. My mechanics informed me that there was a part, and showed it to me, that they had changed. It’s the part that screws into my engine block, and the other, smaller end is what I screw my filter on, and it’s not the same one that is recommended for my truck, as it take a much smaller filter, and they cross-threaded the filter that is for my truck to make it fit. My mechanic called his parts depot, and they didn’t have it. I have looked everywhere, including the Motorcraft website, and can’t find any part that fits the description. 1) What is this part called, and 2) where could I find one? I have a 1987 Ford F150 XLT Lariat, with a V8 5.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would let you cut in front of me at the pearly gates to get into heaven before I do!
- Ryan R on Where can i get a new cab for my 1986 ford f350 utility? Mine is all rusted up?
- james on Where can i get a new cab for my 1986 ford f350 utility? Mine is all rusted up?
- John D on how to start a cold F350 diesal truck?
- Larry A on how to start a cold F350 diesal truck?
- abiss on how to start a cold F350 diesal truck?